It’s my last day as a 27 year old & I was just going over my 27 To Do List that I wrote last year. Some I did awesome on, most I didn’t. But hey, it’s just a list, nothing that can’t be tried again.
2. Do Yoga or Pilates twice a week I’m just not driven enough. Ha.
3. Go on a date once a month Unfortunately finances didn’t always allow our date nights, but instead of having money to go out I got the awesome opportunity of getting to hang with my hubby almost everyday while he was unemployed.
4. Go on walks with Nate & Benjamin & Davy Jones Sure, I didn’t go on walks everyday or even once a week, but I did go on quite a few walks with my 3 favorite guys.
5. Go Rock Climbing I really wanted to do this. Grrr.
6. Read at least 1 book per month I read 16 books in the past year since my last birthday & even though it doesn’t work out to exactly 1 book a month, I’d say my average was pretty good.
7. Complete one “big” craft per month I did lots of crafts, but not all of them were “big” & they were definitely not every month.
8. Make Birthday cards & actually send them out Harder than I thought it would be.
9. Visit Hannah in Iowa Again with the finances thing, couldn’t afford to fly across the country, but next year I am definitely planning a family Iowa trip to watch my best friend graduate from nursing school.
10. Get Pregnant Thankfully, I was able to cross this one off of my list! I first got pregnant in January of this year, but had a very early miscarriage. In April of this year I am happy to say that I got pregnant again & am now 12 weeks along & due January 3, 2011.
11. Watch atleast 50 movies on AFI’s Top 100 List Just not in the old movie mood this past year.
12. Move into our own place I think that this accomplishment is only second to getting pregnant. When my husband was able to get a job in San Diego a couple of months ago our dream of having our own place again quickly fell into place. We’ve been at our little duplex for almost 2 months now & it has been amazing! It’s about to get even better since our neighbors (who are awesome, by the way) are going to be moving out & some of our best friends Tyler & Sherrie are going to be moving in!
13. Cook something I’ve never made before every week I bit off a bit more than I could chew. I totally upped my cooking skills this year & have tried a ton of new recipes, but for sure not every week.
14. Write down something I’m thankful for every day This one seemed easy enough.
15. Visit the Getty Villa in Malibu
16. Throw a Dinner Party I blame not having a place of our own for not completing this one. Maybe I’ll move it to my 28 To Do List.
17. Write a letter a week Why does actual writing, not typing, seem so hard sometimes?
18. Go to a NASCAR Race Yep, that’s me, BIG NASCAR fan. I did make it to qualifying with my brother & Benjamin this past February, which was great! This one is definitely moving to my 28 To Do List.
19. Sew a dress This year I sewed my first dress, that of course I didn’t take a picture in or of. It turned out pretty good for my first dress & totally helped build my sewing confidence. The pattern I used was an awesome Cynthia Rowley pattern by Simplicity. I ‘m pretty sure that I can even wear it pregnant so hopefully I get the opportunity again soon & this time I’ll take pictures.
20. Read to Benjamin every night We read a lot, but not every night & definitely not as often as I would’ve liked. We’re going to try again, though!
21. Plant a garden The “no place of our own” thing strikes again. Turns out the more I think about planting a garden, the more that I think that maybe I wouldn’t like it after all. There’s all sorts of bugs in gardens, right. I don’t think I would like that, me & bugs just don’t mix.
22. Listen to every album on my iPod Turns out I have way more music that I thought. And so much of that turns out to be music that I’m just not that crazy about.
23. Visit Griffith Park
24. Make tortillas from scratch I went ahead & gave this a try & even though they didn’t come out very good I’m stoked that I at least attempted to make them. I need to actually hang out with my aunts & watch them do it, just following directions at home by myself didn’t work out.
25. Write something in Benjamin’s journal every day I wish I could say that I at least wrote in his journal once a week, but even that is a stretch. I’m stoked that I was able to record as much as I did, though. Lately I’ve been trying to make a point of writing at minimum a few sentences in Benjamin’s & the new Baby Boland’s journals everyday.
26. Have a picnic in Balboa Park You would think that with the amount of times I’ve come down to San Diego in the past year & the fact that I’ve lived here for the past month & a half would’ve given me ample opportunity to have a picnic, right?
27. Document everything Try, try again.