I finally found some time to go through my long list of blogs that I follow on Google Reader & I found Lynnete’s blog Dancing Barefoot…on Weathered Ground through another blog. She’s hosting a Harvest of Friends blog party that instantly got my attention because it sounded like so much fun! It’s a way for all of us bloggers to learn a little more about eachother.
She posted a questionnaire to get us started so here’s mine! Can’t wait to learn a little about everyone else, too.
1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you’re blogging? I don’t really snack while blogging, maybe I should start. Now that I think about it I probably don’t snack because I don’t actually sit for a good amount of time while I blog because I’m constantly getting up so my husband can use the computer or my son needs me. For example, I’ve been working on this specific blog post for about 2 days now.
2. What is one thing you wouldn’t want to live without? The first thing that popped into my head was my family, of course, but as far as a physical object goes it would have to be my camera. Without it I wouldn’t be able to get cute shots like this:
3. Beach, Mountains or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice? As much as I love living near the city (I lived in San Diego for 2 years), I would have to choose a farm. There’s just something about all of the open space, the peace & quiet, and the beautiful landscape that appeals to me. I can imagine being a stay at home mom, homeschooling, and spending time sitting with my husband on our big porch. It’s probably because I read a lot of Anne of Green Gables & Little House on the Prairie growing up.
4. What’s your least favorite chore/household duty? Putting the dishes away. I totally don’t mind washing them, but please don’t ask me to put them away. It’s one of those tedious tasks that I just hate.
5. Who do people say you remind them of? Funny thing, I’ve had strangers & family alike tell me that I look like Cheryl Burke from Dancing With the Stars. I don’t see a huge resemblance other than the fact that we both have dark skin & short dark hair. If only people would say my dancing reminded them of her.
6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying at home with the fam? My family is amazing & I wouldn’t trade anything to have a night at home with them. I’m a curl up on the couch & watch a movie kind of girl.
7. What’s your all time favorite movie? I love movies so this is really difficult for me. I’m going to have to do a top 5…The Outsiders, Good Will Hunting, Empire Records, That Thing You Do!, Newsies, The Sandlot and Almost Famous…okay, make that 7. I love so many that I’ve watched over & over that it’s really hard to pick.
8. Do you sleep in your make up or remove it like a good girl every night? I’m probably a good girl 60% of the time. Some nights I’m so tired I just crawl into bed in whatever shirt I was wearing that day & don’t do anything to get ready.
9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you’ve never had a chance to learn? What is it? I would really LOVE to play the harmonica! I have two & I even have a book that teaches you how to do it & I still haven’t been able to find the time to master it. It reminds me of some of my favorites like Stevie Wonder & Bob Dylan. One day I’ll get it…
10. What’s one strange thing you’re really good at? I know lots of random movie/tv/music/actor trivia that is totally useless in the real world.
11. What first attracted you to your spouse? His eyes. They are the most beautiful shade of blue. Now if only my kids could get those beautiful baby blues.
12. What is something you love to smell? Vanilla. It has always been one of my favorite scents. It relaxes me & makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside.
13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people. I don’t always know how to tell the best stories. I leave integral parts out because without really thinking about it, I assume that others know what I’m talking about. The thing that sucks is that I don’t even really mean to do it, I really think that I’m explaining myself perfectly.
14. When you have extra money (HA!) what’s the first thing you think to do with it? I like to just keep it & think about what I want to do with it. Some new clothes, finish my tattoo, buy clothes for Benny, new yarn, new fabric…it’s almost more fun than spending the money.
15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest? I am a very loud laugher. I am actually very loud by nature, ask my husband. haha. I think that my family makes me laugh the hardest. They’re always saying something witty, doing something dumb, or just being silly. I love them.
16. Where is your favorite place to shop? Target! They have everything that I need (or want), from clothes to diapers. I am obsessed with their Up & Up brand & if they make it I’m buying it.
17. What’s one thing you’d do more often if you had more time? It’s a toss up between Reading, Exercising, & Crafting. Okay, who am I kidding, it’s between Reading & Crafting. I have a long list of books & an even longer list of projects that I’d like to complete. I’m slowly making my way through them.
18. Are you a big spender or frugal? I used to be a big spender & didn’t really care. Over the last few years of being married to a student, only having one income, being unemployed & having a baby I’ve become pretty frugal. I’m always looking for ways to cut costs & LOVE it when I don’t have to pay full price for something. I’m always checking those clearance racks for clothes, especially for Benjamin since I can’t stand paying full price for something he’s going to grow out of in a couple of weeks.
19. Who is your favorite character of all time (from a movie or book)? (Can’t be real) This is a toughie! It’d have to be Francie Nolan from the book A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, my favorite book of all time. A close second would be Walter from the Anne of Green Gables series, one of Anne’s sons. Oh how I love those two characters & have spent many a night reading their stories over & over.
20. Would you want to be famous? Heck no.