I was so happy when I came upon the Body After Baby Challenge on Mama Note’s Blog. The Body After Baby Challenge is an 8 week challenge where you make your own diet & weekly & long term goals. Throughout the 8 weeks there are mini challenges where you can gain points & eventually there is a prize at the end. Since having Benjamin in March & exclusively breastfeeding I’ve been able to shed all of the 35 lbs I gained during pregnancy, but I have yet to start feeling healthy again. With my days so unpredictable I find it hard enough to actually eat full meals, nevermind the fact that I’d like to work out.
Long Term Goals:
- Eat healthier-My husband & I try to eat as healthy as possible, but there’s definitely a lot of room for improvement. Now, with my son starting to eat solid foods & practicing baby lead feeding I definitely want to try harder to make meals that are healthy for all of us.
- Develop an exercise routine-Right now my routine is non-existent. I walk if I can find the time & I carry my son around a lot of the day. haha. I would love to try to develop a routine where I walk a few times a week & do yoga or pilates on my non-walking days. I want to be realistic & strive towards doing something that I know I’m going to have time for.
- Shed some fat on my stomach-I know that my body will never be back to “normal” after having my son. The stretch marks across my stomach remind me of that on a daily basis. I would really just like to shed some of the extra fat on my stomach and strengthen my core, which will help alleviate some of the back pain that I’m also experiencing.
This Week’s Goals:
- Drink water-This week’s mini challenge is “How many glasses of water can you drink?”, where 1 glass of water=1 point. For me a glass of water will equal 8oz. I love water & my goal is to fill up my Kleen-Kanteen & drink atleast 1 40oz container each day. If I can do more that would be awesome!
- Start walking-I would love to walk, even if it’s just a short one, each night this week. My husband is always trying to get me to go out with him so I know he will be a big support for me.
- Eat smaller portions throughout the day-I know you mom’s know how it is! Sometimes I have exactly 1 hour once my son goes down for a nap & taking a shower & blow-drying my hair usually wins over eating. On a normal day I eat maybe 2 big meals a day, which is definitely not how I should be eating. This week I’d like to eat at least 3 medium meals each day & incorporate snacks when I remember.
My current stats: (just for fun)
- Weight: 119
- BMI: 20.4
- Waist: 34 in.
I am so excited to be a part of this & be able to see how other mom’s are doing & get the support & accountability that i so desire. I’m feeling really great about it & hope to be able to continue on for the full 8 weeks! I might post a before picture later…we’ll see how I’m feeling once I see myself in the picture. haha.